Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Chapter 10


Chapter 10: Shani
A small favor to ask

Day 107

“Nibani, I have the lost prophecies from the Dissident Priests.”  I said plainly walking into her yurt.  The last several days had been hell, I had barely slept since the fight, and Julan and I only spoke out of necessity.
“Outlander,” Nibani spoke excitedly, oblivious to the tension in the room, “you will tell me these things over and over, until I have them by heart.  And then you will tell me what these priests say, what they see in these words and then you must leave me for a time.  When the moons have come and gone, return and I will give you my judgment.”  After telling Nibani of the prophesies, I left her yurt.  I saw Julan standing outside, smoking hack-lo.  I wasn’t sure how much of the conversation he heard between Nibani and I, as it was still early when I heard Julan leave the yurt.  
He looked over to me, face of stone and said, “Nibani Maesa may believe these lost prophecies but I don’t.  This is pointless.”
“No, its not, Julan.  It's not pointless if it gets you closer to being the Nerevarine.”  I did not believe these words as they came out of my mouth.  I knew in my heart something had shifted.
He looked over at me, cocking his head. “Well according to the lost prophecies, you are that.”
“That makes no sense and is ridiculous,” I growled.  “Jules, I’m sure it’s just another piece of the puzzle.  It might not make sense to you now, as there are still pieces missing.  Let’s go see your mother again and get her take.”  I said this knowing that she might bring him some comfort, though I knew in my heart that the closer we moved towards solving the riddle, the less likely it would be that he played the part of Nerevarine—the part he had been rehearsing his whole life for.  I wanted to go to Mashti and the Ahemmusa to find someone to pick up the pieces when his world came crashing down.
“Fine, shall we start?”
“Go ahead…I think I’ll stay here tonight.”
“Then I will see you on the morrow,” he said coldly.  I watched him walking away alone, his silhouette disappearing into the night.  I stayed around the camp until the morning, looking for people who resembled Julan.  There were a few.  I did not ask them anything.  I felt the answers should come from the source, not conjecture of distant relatives.  I made my way back to Mashti's encampment.  It was late, as I had planned it that way.  I needed privacy.

Day 108

“Mashti, we have to talk,” I had come into Mashti’s dwelling late the next night.  I started only after I was sure Julan was asleep.
“Outlander, I wonder if you might perform a small task for me.”
“Go on.”  Best to sweeten her disposition before calling her out.
“There are two women camped just south-east of our home.  They are spies for my enemies in the Ahemmusa camp, posing as outcasts.  I want them dead.”
“Then do it yourself.” I was not this woman’s creature.
"You and I must speak."
“In faith, I would, but if I or Julan were to kill them, it would cause more strife with the Ahemmusa.  I wish to avoid provoking the tribe further.” I couldn’t believe what she was asking of me.  I knew that she saw that too.  “Annika, I only wish to be left alone.  You are an Outlander so they will see you as a target and doubtless they will attack you on sight.”
“I will take care of them Mashti, but then you and I must speak.”  I quickly put on my cloak and slipped out.  I wanted to make this as clean as possible.  I too needed the Ahemmusa and did not want clarify my role as Mashti’s assassin. I saw a group of women in the distance.  There were certainly more than two, and whatever magic these ladies were using, it was terrible.  They saw me despite my cloak and I was attacked by no less than eight.  It was a fierce fight.  I had tried to keep the last one alive, just to ask her why she was harassing Mashti, but it was not meant to be.  Badly injured, I limped my way back slowly to Mashti’s yurt in the early light, knowing that I killed without provocation for a woman I disliked intensely.
“They are gone Mashti,” I said stumbling into her yurt.  “I hope what you were telling the truth because I just slayed eight women.
“There were only two,” she said while tending my wounds.
“Eight Mashti, now let’s speak.  I spoke to Nibani Maesa.”  
“What?” her eyes lit up at the sound of that name.  “You spoke to Nibani Maesa?  Azura’s star, how is she?”
“She is well and is now the wise woman of the Urshailaku.  Nibani spoke fondly of you but told me some disturbing news.  She spoke of you leaving with the Ahemmusa to marry.”
“But of course it’s not true what she said,” Mashti chortled.  “I have never been married.  But since I left in the company of a man, I had to say that I was going to marry him to preserve my reputation.  You know how it is.”
“I never was burdened with that,” I paused, staring hard. I knew she was lying, but couldn’t prove it. I slept on her bed roll for a few hours, then rose painfully.   “Mashti, I will be back later.
“Outlander, you must rest.”
“No.  There much to do.  Please tell Julan when he wakes that I return soon.”  I hobbled over to the Ahemmusa camp as quickly as my aching body could carry me.  I had to find Shani.  I saw her standing in the distance, stringing her bow; her long, beautiful red hair blowing against the light of dawn.  She turned to me and scowled.
“So, where’s Julan?” Shani asked with all the distain of an ex-lover.
“I’m not here with Julan.” I said gasping slightly, taking a seat by the rock beside her.  “I came to talk to alone.”  I said as calmly as possible.
“You’re hurt,” she said concerned.
“It’s really not as bad as it looks, Shani,” I said shifting my leg to a more comfortable position.
“He’s not with you?” Her voice sounded too hopeful. “Hmmph, I’m surprised.  You looked like you were joined at the hip.”
“He’s in his yurt sleeping, Shani.”
“So you came to discuss Julan behind his back.” She said this in a haughty tone, but I knew that in her secret heart, she wanted to speak.
“Yes, actually.”
“So he’s told you all about me, has he?” she scowled.  “I bet he has.  I’m sure he said I was clingy and demanding and argued with him all the time.”
“No, nothing of the sort,” I said plainly, without betraying any emotion.
“Really?” She paused for a moment then spoke, “Well, I’m sure he told you that I compared his dear mother to a Hunger, only without the charm and good looks. Oh, and that I was a cheat, a liar, thief, and trouble maker.”
“No, those seem to be my title right now,” I laughed.  “And what you say about Mashti, well…that’s why I’m here.”
She didn’t speak of Mashti right away; I saw she had some demons to exercise.  I let her do so, as she would eventually tell me what I needed to know.  “He didn’t say all those things?  I’m surprised.  You should hear some of the things he’s said to me!”
“I’m sure,” I laughed.  I had to get her on my side to open up.  It was pathetic; she had no idea who she was dealing with.  The spider and the fly.
“It’s just so sad, Annika!”
"I know you love him too."
“Call me, Anni, love.”  I said as sympathetically as I could.  
“We were the best of friends…then lovers…perhaps that was the mistake.  Maybe if we had only been friends, he wouldn’t hate me now.  But it’s too late, everything is broken.  I’m a fool to still…to still be here.”
“For him,” I said closing my eyes.  This was not done.
“Because he’s making a terrible mistake!  His mother is a lunatic, and she’s going to make him do something suicidally insane, but its all lies!”
“I suspected as much…and that’s why I’m here talking to you.”
“He won’t believe me!” She started crying. “And he barely looks at me these days, but I have to try.”
“Shani, I need to you to be strong.  I need answers because that is the only thing that’s going to save him now.  I love him.  Yes…please don’t look away, Shani, but I know you love him too.  When it all falls for him, I will need you to pick of the pieces.  He will need his friends around him.”
“What about you, Anni?  If you love him…I mean.”
“I do.  But Shani, I have no idea how the Nerevarine prophecies are going to play out or where our destinies will lie.”
“So he’s told you, has he?  About being the Nerevarine, I mean?  And all that stuff about his mother finding him in the wilderness as baby?” I nodded in assent, though said nothing.  She continued, “Hah, babies don’t come from rocks you know, whatever Mashti says!”
“Agreed.  I’m trying to find out the whole story and am getting nowhere.  Please tell me what you know, for Julan’s sake.”
“I will, Anni.”  She started slowly.  “I know what happened.  And Mashti knows I know—that’s why she made Julan break off our relationship, when she realized that I had found out.  She was afraid that I would manage to convince Julan.  I never did, though.  That idiot believes anything she tells him.”
“She’s all he’s known.”  I said simply.  If this girl didn’t understand basic human nature, well, I certainly wasn’t going to explain it to her.  “So what really happened?”
“I can’t tell you here!” Shani whispered gruffly, as I saw some one walking in our direction.  Shani turned to me quickly and whispered in a hushed tone. “If Ahmabi were to hear us she’d go mad!  She’s the Ashkhan’s widow…She’s the on who banished Mashti and she has forbidden all discussion of Mashti or Julan.  I think she would kill them if she could, but she frightened of Mashti.”
Interesting.  My mind was already working.  I held out my hand to Shani. “Thank you.  Just remember what I said.”
Shani looked over her shoulder and spoke quietly, “Well talk more when I get back from a hunting trip.  I’m not sure when I’ll be back, but I’ll try and send word to you somehow.”  
“I’ll be close to area.  And I will check in.”
“Goodbye, Anni.”
“Goodbye, Shani.”  I had to get back to Mashti’s.  I hobbled back to her outcast encampment and crashed down beside a snoring Julan.

Later that Morning

“Mephala!”  Julan shouted at me, surprised to wake by my body curled around his. “What are you doing?”
“Ai.  Trying to heal.”
“What in gods named happened to you?”
“I was taking care of some business for Mashti. If you want to know more ask her, because I’m done out.” I went to sleep almost immediately and woke to Julan sitting beside me with some bread and wine.
“You sleep the entirety of yesterday.  Here’s some bread and wine, I know you must be hungry.”  I sat up and took the bread.  “Mashti told me what you did for her.  Thank you.  Did you find out anything about them?”
“No.  Your mother was correct that they attacked me on sight.  I have no idea who they were or why they were stalking her.  They didn’t enlighten me; neither did your mother for that matter.”
“What do you mean?” He spat.
“She knows more than she’s saying, Jules, you know that as well as I.”
“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” he said coldly.
“Of course you don’t,” I said with exasperation.  The rivers of denial ran deep in this little family.  I took a short breath.  “Jules, it’s a beautiful day, the sun is shining.  Let’s just stop being mad for a moment and enjoy it.”  He looked at me and grimaced.
“Why would you want to spend time with a marauding rapist, Anni?”  Turning he face from mine. I had hurt him badly, and I feared the extent of damage.
“I don’t know, probably the same reason you want to spend all your time with a thief and liar.  Please Jules—I’m sorry.  I said those words in the heat of anger—I did not mean them.” In truth I did, but I had crossed a line and now had to figure out a way back. I knew he still wanted me, and despite my newly assigned role as competition, I think he still loved me.  I was not willing to lose him to prophecy, so….I moved closer and whispered in his ear, “Besides, I was willing.” I started kissing his bare chest, slowly moving my tongue down his stomach.
“Oh…Well when you put it…Oh…Annika….”

Day 112

“You know,” I said, as we woke lazily in the mid afternoon of the next day, “the weather’s still beautiful…Let’s go kolloping, have a picnic lunch, then slaughter some Daedra.  Sound like a date?”
“Perfect.  Gods….I must be crazy,” Julan laughed shaking his head.  We walked out towards the sea, wind gently blowing the clouds that passed effortlessly against a deep blue sky.  “I haven’t been kolloping in years,” Julan said holding me.  Kollops were sea creatures that provide both exquisite meat and pearls.  The cold water Kollops of Sheogorad region were ideal as they were larger and carried valuable pearls.
“I’ve always loved the sea,” I said wistfully, dancing ahead in the sand. It was true.  Chorrol was land locked, but when I reached Anvil…well, the sea was that town’s only consolation, and was mine when it chewed and spit me out.  We sat on the beach like children for awhile eating kollop meat and digging out their little treasures.  I noticed that Julan had that far away look.
“So, Daedra got your tongue?” I said smiling at him.
“Hmmm?”
"Daedra got your tongue?"
“You look a bit preoccupied. Spit it out.”
“I look preoccupied?” he said smiling at me… “Ah…I suppose I am a little.” He turned to the sea.  “I was thinking of Shani.” He saw the look I gave him… “No sera, nothing like that…Everything that’s happened.   When I was furious at you…when you had corprus, and I thought you were gong to die.  It makes me think, what if I had stayed angry at you then something terrible had happened, and I never got the chance to sort things out?  I’d have never forgiven myself…And…then I think about Shani…”
I was quiet for a minute.  Unsure of what to say.  “Julan, you must try to live a life with no regrets.  If you feel that you may regret your actions—then fix it.  No ‘what ifs’.”
“Oh I’m not sure…We were so close—like siblings, really; then it ended so badly.  But I think maybe I should talk to her again.  Just in case,” he said.
“Well, there’s no time like the present.  I’ll leave you to it.” What else could I do? “I’ll meet you back at your mother’s when you’re ready—.”
“No, come with me,” he said grabbing my hand.  “I’d like your company.”
“Would she?  I’m not sure.  I think this something you two have to work this out on your own.”
“You might be right.” Of course I was right, you dolt.  I am a woman.  He went on, “But it is a beautiful day, maybe we could make our way to the camp, find Shani and then you could head to Vos—I know you like that clothes shop.”
“Oh, I think I could burn an hour or two,” I said laughing.  “But let me change.  I’m not sporting a dripping wet bikini.”
“You might give some of those older tribesmen a jolt,” Julan laughed.  That rich sound of his laughter was good to hear.  Perhaps clearing the air on all fronts is what was needed…However, when we reached the camp; Julan was given a nasty shock.  Kammu, an elderwoman stated that there had been an accident during the hunting trip.
“Shani’s hunting troupe returned some time ago, but she was not with them, sera.  They say they lost her somewhere in the Grazelands.  Normally I would not speak to you of this, but I confess that I am worried, and we cannot spare the warriors to search for her.  Go speak to Gunta.  She was leading the expedition.”
“Done.  Let’s go—.”  Julan had already made it to Gunta’s yurt.  She was clearly upset by what had happened.  She addressed Julan directly.  Good—it was time they stopped treating him like an outcast.
“Julan, we were suddenly attacked by many Kagouti and the group became scattered.  We assembled again, but Shani was missing.  We searched, but thought she might have come back here….Oh sera, you know her…Thinks she can do it all, but she’s no good with a bow and I fear the worst.”
“Where was she last seen?” Julan asked.
“Near the Nerano Ancestral Tomb.  She was last seen heading towards the mountains.  Please hurry.  She could be badly injured.”
“That s’wit!” he spat as we walked out the door. “And she calls herself a scout!  Never had a sense of direction.  Never!”
“Let’s head towards the mountains.” I marveled how his instincts were spot on in this.  I needed to quit underestimating him.
“She’s probably just wandered to Vos for a drink and got talking to someone.”
“We’ll check the mountain region first.”  We crossed the Grazelands post haste and made good time.  We had reached the ridge in under two days.  Just over the mountains is what appeared to be an abandoned mine shaft.  “Look Jules, there’s a shield!  In front of that mine shaft.  Shit, do you think?”
“Most likely…Anni! The door is jammed!”
“Break it down!  Move!” We kicked the door in together.  “Gods the ceiling was partially collapsed.  Jules…I don’t think she’s in Vos…”
“No shit!”  There was blood on the ground and few dead nix hounds.  We encountered several live ones as we ran through the mine shaft.  
“Why are all these wild animals and Daedra running around an abandoned mine?”
“You’d be surprised to know what the Imperial scum used to keep us Ashlanders out of our own land.”
"Shani!"
“No time for a lecture.  You’ll have to tell me how dreadful I am later.” I paused seeing more blood, “Julan, I see something in that pool of water.   Dive!”
We reemerged from the water and reached the end of the cavern seeing an unconscious Shani lying by a pile of raw glass.  “Shani!”  Jules ran past me, and held her, gently shaking her. “Shani can you here me?”
“Julan…,” Shani spoke, barely audible.
“She’s alive, but barely conscious…I wonder how long has she been here?!  Give me that potion and I’ll try to make her drink it,” he said urgently.  I took her in my arms. “Shenogorath, this is all my fault!  Why didn’t I come earlier?  Shit!”  His face was wet, I wasn’t sure if it was sweat or tears.  I gently turned Shani over resting her head in my lap, placing my hands to her face, hoping that being the bastard of an Emperor would somehow endow me with some of his power—the power to cure wounds, so the faithful claim.   A foolish wish, though we were fools.  A second dose of the potion helped her finally come around.
“Uhn…” Shani began to stir, “Annika and Julan?  You came for me!”
“What happened Shani?” I asked gently.
“I’ve eaten nothing but mushrooms for days I think…”
“What were you doing here?” I asked innocently.
Shani’s clouded look quickly changed to a scowl. “Oh you know…I just liked the scenery….I got trapped in this fucking cave!!!  What in Oblivion do you think???” she shouted angrily.  Pity, it seems the potion worked too well.
“Calm down,” I said as gently as possible.  “What happened?”  I said this gritting my teeth.  Oh, I didn’t like this girl.
“We were chased by Kagouti.  I ran up the hills to get…to get a better shot, but then one cornered me…and I kept backing up.” She stopped and coughed.  I handed her some water.
“Jules, please get us some more.  Go ahead Shani.”
“I stumbled over the edge of the foyada.  I was hurt and all these animals were attacking me.  I just ran into the first place I could find.  I needed shelter.”
“The entrance must have collapsed behind you.”
“Yes…And there were all these Daedra too.  I just ran and ran trying to find another way out….” She paused…  “Then the Ogrim…. I dived past it into the water and found this cave.  Even when I didn’t hear it anymore the exit was blocked….”
“There’s no other way out?” These mines were like a labyrinth, perhaps, though unlikely, there was another tunnel that could lead us to an exit..
“What do you think?” She screamed at me. “There is no way out!  What was I supposed to do, dig?  Idiot!”
“Right.  Well my sympathy just dried up.  Jules you take the helm.”
“Anni, I’m sorry,” said Shani starting to cry.  What was it about woman’s tears that drove me mad? I hated hysterics—unless I was the one performing them. Shani continued crying, “I just didn’t think anyone was going to come.  I had given up hope.  I thought I was going to die and no one would even find my body for a proper burial with my ancestors.  So even my spirit would be trapped here.”
“You’ll be fine.  I’ll figure something out.”  Julan then walked over and placed his hand on her forehead.
“Thank you.  Very much, Anni.  And thank you, Julan.  Of all people, I never would have expected you to come for me….And you’re being so quiet.  That’s not like you.   I kept expecting you to interrupt and call me a little s’wit.  Are you quite well?”
“Can you walk?” Julan asked quietly.  “We should get you home, Shani.” Suddenly there was a loud crash behind us.  “Shit!”  There was a cave in that blocked our only escape route.  
“What?” Shani yelled. “No!” she shrieked defiantly, pounding the ground, as if her anger alone could change the tide.  Shani slumped against the wall of the cavern and looked at me.  “Now we’re all stuck in here.  Stuck with you, Annika I could live with, but now I’m stuck in here with that selfish N’wah who’s just going to insult me until I smash my head in with a rock to escape,” she then dissolved into sobs.
“Were going to have to teleport out!” Julan said coldly between clenched teeth.  
“No!  I can’t teleport, and you’re not leaving me!” Shani cried.
“I can teleport you, you s’wit!” Julan was getting angry and I was beyond frustrated.  
“Oh, don’t start on me again!  I don’t know why you’re here, if you’re only going to yell at me!” More sobbing.  “Why are you here Julan?  I bet it was Anni’s idea!”  You don’t care if I live or die anymore, do you?  And now, I bet you’re wishing I was dead just to shut me up!”
“Gods, do you blame, me—.”
I cut him off before either could retort.  In truth my head was hurting and this was getting old.  “This isn’t getting us anywhere.”
Shani moved to a sitting position holding her damaged foot. “Well, I don’t know why he’s here!  He hasn’t even asked me how I’m feeling.  He’s hardly spoken to me.”
“Listen you fool,” I started crossly. “He’s the one who ran after you after we found you had disappeared.  When found you unconscious it was he who put the potion to your mouth—.”
Shani cut me off.  “But I suppose he promised his darling mother that he wouldn’t have anything to do with me, and he has to do what she wants, don’t you?  You always do everything she tells you because life’s so much easier that way.  You never have to think at all!” Shani continued to shout.  Gods, I wasn’t even here. I stopped speaking because I knew both were beyond hearing me.
Julan turned in a rage, “That’s no true!  You think we broke it off because she told me to!  I did it for your sake; you’re just too blind to see that!”
I cracked a bottle of Matze and lobbed some bread in their general direction.  “What are you doing,” asked Shani staring blankly at me.
I held of up the Matze and bread. “Dinner and a show.  You two just go on.  I haven’t been this entertained in a while…”
“Fine.  Laugh at my expense, Anni.  I hope you choke,” Shani said wrathfully.  “And Julan... No, you ended it with me because you were getting bored, and your mother gave you an easy way out.  I know that.  But I hate that you’re too much of a coward to admit it, so you pretend you did it for the sake of your mission, or some other load of noble guarshit.”
“Ooohhhh, good one Shani!” I said winking. Julan turned in my direction, the first time since this ordeal began.
“Shut up, Anni,” he said.  I shrugged.
Shani continued, “You know I’m telling the truth—I can see it in your face.  I’ve known you all your life, Julan, you can’t lie to me.  Never could.”  Julan said nothing.  I knew in my heart everything that Shani said was true. He was a willing victim to his mother’s manipulation.  It was easier just to do what someone said, rather than thinking on it.  I had done that most my life—either by priest or an Imperial.
He then finally spoke, his voice slow and gravelly.  I knew the tempest was coming..  “You little fool.  You think you know everything about me, don’t you?  From what you’ve been saying in the last five minutes shows you don’t know me at all!” Here comes the shouting.  Maybe another cave in.  I started gathering glass shards around us as I knew I could get a good price on them.
Dinner and a show.
 “Maybe you’re right about some things.  Maybe I was thinking of ending it, even before Mashti said anything. But if you really believe that I hate you, and wouldn’t find you when you were lost….” He stopped and put his head in his hands.  The blow up was going to be monumental.  Such fun.  
He continued, “Do you know how worried I was!  I thought you might be dead!  Look, you’re a sister to me…and I care you more than you will ever get into that stupid little head of yours so don’t you ever start telling me I’d rather you dead!”  Gods she was bawling at this point.  Was this ever to end?
“Oh Julan,” ....sniff….sniff… “I’m so sorry.  I was so angry for so long.  I didn’t mean…You’re my best friend!” She was a mess of tears and snot and I was going to be sick, just utterly sick. “I’ve been so lonely without you to talk to.  Just promise you won’t be so horrible to me anymore…” she cried, Julan wiped the tears away.
“I won’t.  I’m so sorry, Shani.  You know I’d always come to find you…” They were hugging now.  Puke.
“Bravo!  Bravo…good show guys, but hey, I’m out of Matze and its getting a bit stuffy in here.  And I think I’m about be a little sick in my mouth so can we scoot?”
“Nice,” Shani said scowling.
“Anne,” Jules smiled.
“No Julan. Seriously, I’m glad you both worked it out.  Shani, you’re bleeding badly and I just want to get out of here before we all get crushed by rocks and glass. Right now I don’t care how.”
“We have to teleport.  Shani, just close your eyes.”  Julan had marked a spot outside the camp.  I was proud of him for thinking ahead. Mamaea, the healer, rushed out to greet us.
“Thank you so much for bringing her home.” Mamaea said gratefully,” You are truly a friend to the Ahemmusa.”
“It was Julan.  You have him to thank.”  Mamaea acknowledged this with a nod and I spoke to Shani.  “You’ll be better soon.  When you’re up for that talk….”
“I’ll see you soon, Anni.  And thank you…”

Same Day

After leaving Shani in the hands of her healer, Julan and I walked along the coast back towards Mashti’s encampment.  “Shenogorath, I’m glad that’s over,” he sighed.    “It’s a relief to know she doesn’t hate me, even if I probably deserved it.  Maybe we’ve both grown up.”
“Maybe.” I said hesitantly.  Gods if she was this immature now, I can’t imagine two years ago.  “Let’s go home and get some rest.” I put my arm around him, trudging along the shoreline.
“So now, you’ve met her, what do you think?”
“A little immature, but well meaning.”  This was the truth.  I was too tired to play games.  “I think she’d be a perfect fit for the local drama troupe.”  
“Maybe you should pass that suggestion on to her.  Seriously, I’d like it if you two were friends.  You’re not jealous of her are you?” he laughed.
“Perhaps insecure would be a better word, at least a bit.  She’s known you so long and you have so much history together.”
“I care about her greatly, like a sister.  Everything else is in the past—I’ve told you that, Anne,” he said smiling at me.  “Shani never really understood me, or what I’m trying to do.  She wanted me to marry her, settle down and be a hunter, or a herder.  I don’t want that.”  
“I know.” I knew what little girl dreams were, I had had them myself.  
“I want to make a difference, and help my people, somehow.  You understand that, I think.  Whether you believe in my mission doesn’t really matter, you believe in me.” He paused and turned me around, facing him, “I’m stronger when you’re with me.  I think I make you stronger too.”
I leaned on him as we walked, “You have.”   In the months past I had learned sheave my heart, and let break a little too.  “Lets rest tonight then head back to Balmora.”
“I could stay in Ald-ruhn and we could meet up after you sell everything.”  That made sense.  
“Hmmm…A shop keeper you are not,” I laughed.  “I’ll take care of the merchants”. I had much armor and glass to sell, after my encounter with Mashti’s outcasts and the cave ordeal.  “Meet you in Ald-ruhn.” I kissed him goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment